Sunday, November 8, 2009

The endless cycle: Legalizing Gay Marriage




Although gay marriage has been an issue for quite some time now, yet another article was published by NY Times pushing or states to legalize gay marriage.

Gay marriage is defined by same sex couples; thus women are as much victims to this push for equality as men. I find it incredible that states such as New York, New Jersey, and our own capital, the District of Colombia, have "promise" to appeal/legalize gay marriage in the near future. It is absurd to me that our own capital, founded on the principles of the pursuit of happiness, and individual freedoms , still has not established the legality of same sex marriage. Am I the only one who see's something wrong with this...hypocritical America if you ask me. Who's going to be responsible for the change? We the people need to start using our power for the right reasons for once. In my mind, this is an essential reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment